DINNER CONVERSATIONS: Addiction
Having the Conversation – Opening God’s Word
Sources of Addiction: As some says
- Biological/ Disease of the Mind
- Poorly functioning system
- Being unloved
The Bible Says: It is a Spiritual problem
What you give the greatest worth in your life is what you serve.
Good desires overpowered by the bad ones.
Romans 8:1-15; Galatians 5:16; 1 Peter 5:8; 1 Corinthians 6:12; 1 Peter 2:11
There is a hope for us from the addictions(sin) in us throgh the Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Addictions are because we switched our dependence from God into worldly things.
How do we come out of addictions:
- Confession: Naming the sin; James 5:16
- Repentance: Know who you are in Christ and walk in the SPIRIT ways
- Prayer & Fasting: Matthew 17:17; Faasting: Denying the desire of the flesh