At Evangel Chapel, we value children – not because they are the future church, but because they are the church right now. Working with you, we have a fantastic opportunity to help them nurture friendships, learn Biblical truths, and discover that they are deeply loved and valued by God.
As a team, our goal is to help build a spiritual foundation by teaching them with age appropriate bible-based curriculum that includes worship, prayer and serving. We are ready to encourage and inspire your children to experience Jesus.
Sunday Morning – 9:00am AND 10:30am
On Sunday morning, Children’s Ministry is rockin’ the house! We believe that church is a place where children meet friends, talk about God and participate in a time of meaningful worship.
– Nursery (infant – 2 year olds): From newborns to walkers, our goal is to create a safe, loving and healthy environment for your children. Our volunteers not only serve the children in their care, but also the parents – allowing them to participate in Sunday morning worship. Upon check-in, parents will receive a card and number that corresponds to your child and diaper bag, which our volunteers can use to page you discreetly in the service should we need your presence and/or assistance with your child. Your card and number is also needed for check-out.
– Jr. Church – (3-5 year olds): Jr. Church seeks helps children understand worship and encourages children to talk to God any time at any place. The activities we do tickle all the senses, from crazy fun games to crafts to Bible story and worship time to small group Bible time. We want kids to know that God made them, God loves them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
– Evangel Kids (Grades K – 6): At Evangel Kids, we believe that the Bible should never be boring, worship can be really loud and relationships are what matter most. The focus of our Children’s Ministry on Sundays is our small group environment where small group leaders engage kids in meaningful discussion and activities that enforce what was taught in Large Group. Then in in the Summer we gve our leaders a break and do an awesome large group format for the time frame, its exciting!
Wednesday Nights are all about discipleship, or growing closer to God. We have two great programs that help our kids do just that:
– Royal Rangers: Designed for boys, RR caters to a boy’s sense of adventure and curiosity. We use things like activities, the advancement system, interactive learning, uniforms, the patrol system, and service and ministry outreach to foster friendship and a better relationship with God.
– Girls Clubs:
Designed for girls, Girls Cubs seeks to win girls to Jesus Christ through love and acceptance, and develop girls spiritually and mentally. The leaders seek to provide encouragement, support, and accountability to the girls and to form lasting Christian friendships, and also foster an environment where girls can develop their gifts and abilities. The Girls Clubs of Evangel Chapel also are very involved in service in the local community, participating in several outreaches each year to help those who are less fortunate.
2nd and 4th Fridays Nights – 7:30-9:30pm
TreeHouse and LightZone
We make sure to schedule some fun Friday nights events where we can go a little crazy after a week of school! Treehouse and Lightzone are fun, safe environments where kids can come to play games and connect with others. We emphasize kids bringing their friends – and developing and building relationships with one another.
For specific dates and schedules of events, please contact us and sign up to our email list to get regular updates.
– TreeHouse (Grades K-3) LightZone (Grades 4-6): Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month.
These Friday Nights usually consists of activities or games that get kids moving and active. Whether we’re doing crazy science experiments, awesome crafts, or running at the speed of light trying to win a relay – we’re having lots of fun! We also have time to visit the snack bar and have a devotion.